Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DONE!!!

.
I did it!!!!

And I feel like a five year old that just created my first kindergarten art project. The table is done, and in the kitchen! We only had 1/2 an inch clearance to get it in...and my dad had to come over and help the hubby carry it in, but it's in and I love it :)

See!?

...excuse the mess under the pew... and beside the pew, and on the...I think you get it. Pampers boxes? Totally the newest fad in kitchen decor. You didn't miss that memo, did you?

Yep, that's right. Pampers. In a previously cloth-diapers-only house. And that case only lasts me about two weeks, tops!


I really should have cleaned under the pew before I took the photo...

oh well, here's a closeup of some food on it to make up for the mess.
mmmmm...biscuits and honeybutter! And not just any biscuits, buttermilk biscuits from The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl my most used recipe book of all time! I make these biscuits almost weekly, sometimes more than that.
I adore this book and I can not WAIT for her new cooking show...I re-subscribed to the Food Network just for this show.


We're working on the chairs to go with the table now, and contemplating sanding down the pew so we can stain it the same color as the table. Or we may just build the farmhouse bench to go along with it....we'll see how it goes! All I know is finding chairs that go with it has been tough! I'm just not happy with any of the ones I've been finding in stores around here, and IKEA is a long way away (and ours won't be opening until fall 2012, waiting that long isn't an option!)

Whenever I get some sort of chairs to go with it, I'll post again and share them :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog :) I think we do live in the same city (judging by the IKEA opening date - I'm so excited!) I think people from all over read MckMama's blog. Your table looks great - good job! I like the odea of using a pew for seating - I think bench style seating is nice and versatile.

    ReplyDelete